Vidora Cortex Automation: Personalized Search
Personalized Search involves surfacing results that are tailored to the unique preferences of the user making a search query. Personalized search allows you to maximize engagement by exposing relevant content that the user is predisposed towards.
Enabling Personalized Search with Cortex
Cortex Automation allows our partners to build machine learning technology directly into their digital products, enabling intelligent and automated consumer experiences such as Personalized Search. Through real-time APIs, Cortex Automation create a closed-loop system which constantly ingests raw behavioral data and returns up-to-date predictions in 10-20ms.
Personalized Search is powered by VIDORA’s User Items Ranking API endpoint.
- User makes a search query on your site
- You (or a third party) returns a list of results relevant to the search query
- A call is made to VIDORA’s User Items Ranking API with the following parameters
- ID of the user
- List of IDs of the search query result
- Vidora’s User Items Ranking API returns the list of query results in the order of preference for the specific user
How Does It Work?
The User Items Ranking API leverage Cortex’s Recommendation models, which use a machine learning technique known as collaborative filtering to determine each users’ unique preferences. Personalized recommendations are then generated using a weighted combination of the following three signals.
- Personalized preference – what other items has the user interact with in the past?
- Popularity trends – is the item globally popular among all users, and increasing in popularity over time?
- Item Recency – has the item been recently released?
After measuring these three signals, Cortex trains on past data to determine how to weight each signal in order to maximize engagement with its recommendations.
Vidora enables everyone to accomplish the incredible by making machine learning accessible to anyone in a business. VIDORA makes machine learning simple, easy to use and intuitive by automating the most complex technical challenges of the machine learning pipeline. Our Self-Service Machine Learning platform, Cortex, is leveraged by some of the largest global brands like Walmart, News Corp, Discovery, Lionsgate, and Forever 21.