Ingest Data from Segment
Segment collects user events from your web & mobile apps and provides a complete data toolkit to every team in your company. This provides a single view of the customer and allows you to integrate your data with numerous sources. Vidora is integrated with Segment, which allows you to automatically forward your Segment data to Cortex. This data can then be used to create Machine Learning Pipelines within your Cortex account.
Connecting Vidora to your Segment Account
Step 1: Copy Vidora API Key
The integration between Segment and Vidora utilizes the Vidora API, and thus they Vidora API Key needs to be copies over to your Segment account.
- First, login to your Cortex account
- Navigate to the API>Documentation page
- Copy the API Key as you will need this in Step 2
Step 2: Setup Vidora Destination within Segment
To get started, login to your Segment account.
- From the Destinations catalog page in the Segment App, click Add Destination.
- Search for “Vidora” in the Destinations Catalog, and select the “Vidora” destination.
- Choose which Source should send data to the “Vidora” destination.
- Enter the “API Key” you copied in Step 1 in the “Vidora” destination settings in Segment.
Step 3: Test Integration
After you have setup your Vidora Destination,
- Select the Vidora Destination from within the Segment App
- Navigate to the ‘Event Tester’
- Test sending off any of the Event Types
- Login to Vidora and navigate to the API>Check Your Events page
- You should see your Test Events from Segment in your Recent Events List
- Note you can always filter/search by User ID or Event Type for easy find-ability
Still have questions? Reach out to email@example.com for more info!