Full-Stack Tech Lead
Vidora provides the only self-service machine learning solution on the market which enables non-technical users to implement state-of-the-art machine learning models. The platform transforms raw data into machine learning predictions through a series of automated processing steps including automated feature cleaning, feature engineering, and model selection. Our Senior Full-Stack Engineer will be responsible for building out the application that makes it easy for customers to build highly sophisticated machine learning pipelines and deploy their predictions with just a few clicks. This role covers a wide variety of areas including automating data ingestion, building workflows, deploying big data, and providing highly scalable APIs, all of which put the power of building machine learning pipelines in the hands of our customers.
Vidora is seeing 100% YoY growth in the adoption of machine learning pipelines, and the platform is leveraged by some of the largest global brands including Realtor, Discovery, and News Corp. Vidora is founded by PhDs from Caltech and Berkeley, headquartered in beautiful San Francisco, and open to those interested in working remotely.
What do we look for in candidates?
- Opportunity: Can Vidora provide an environment for the candidate to grow their career?
- Perseverance: Will the candidate deal well with the inevitable adversity encountered in a growing company like Vidora?
- Drive: We don’t want Vidora to be an average company. We want to transform how companies leverage machine learning. We’re looking for candidates with big aspirations for their careers and their lives.
- Acumen: Machine learning is hard. Big data is hard. The space is evolving and changing at a rapid pace. Vidora is looking for candidates who can not only keep up but get ahead.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Be responsible for leading and growing a team of full-stack developers covering the application and APIs
- Mentor engineers, implement best practices, and drive the team towards goals set by the engineering team and organization as a whole
- Deliver a high quality, easy to use, enterprise application to large organizations leveraging machine learning
- Architect novel solutions for incorporating the use of big data into an application that must be snappy and a pleasure to use
- Deliver highly scalable APIs that make it easy for developers to interact with machine learning models, predictions, and personalization solutions
- Work closely with product management, design, and internal teams to understand needs and develop solutions for new features and improving the end-user experience
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years leading a development team
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar experience, MS a plus
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles and best practices, and a self-starter mindset to make the development process better
- Hands-on experience with building well-designed applications both on the frontend and the backend
- An exceptional eye for detail and user experience
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Great communication skills and a strong team player
You will develop with:
- Ruby / Rails
- React / Redux
- Cassandra, Redis
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume!